Popovers! (TWD)

I hate to admit it, but I was a bit apprehensive about making popovers for this week’s Tuesdays with Dorie. Now that I have baked them it seems ridiculous to have been worried at all. It was the easiest recipe I’ve done from the book, Baking with Julia, to date.

Page 213 tells of just five ingredients. All that was needed were measuring cups and spoons, a blender and a muffin pan.

Here is my very first batch of popovers:

I decided to put the oven down a bit for the next batch, for both of the temps.

I lathered mine with maple syrup. It tasted similar to a waffle.

Thomas had his with eggs :)

I will definitely be making these again very soon.

Head over to  Paula’s and Amy’s blogs for the actual recipe. Also check out what the rest of the group thought of these little babies, here.

Advertisements

26 Comments Add yours

1. Ckay says:

I’m so pleased that even a “mega-easy” recipe hides a fantastic happy ending!
    You made wonderful popovers and tested / tasted a great variety of combination. Wow!
    I’ve made some sweet and some cheesy (Grana cheese) adding rosemary and spices…
    This recipe is definitely a winner

2. smarkies says:

I’ll have to turn down the oven on my next go-around with these. Yours look delicious!

1. Yes! it really seemed to do the trick for me…(maybe our ovens run hot!)

3. They look yummy with the different toppings! The maple syrup is my favorite.

1. I tried one with butter and strawberry jam and then one with honey and then one with maple syrup…I was full after that but glad that I ended with the maple syrup! So yummy! Thanks for hosting!

4. cookingjulia says:

The egg stuffing sounds great.

5. Cindy Harris says:

I’ll make them again soon–and lower the oven temp. They were delicious.

6. Yours look great…I think I need to turn down my oven too. :)

7. breaddivas says:

Eggs, yum! What a great idea. Mine were a little too ‘cooked’ as well, good idea to bring the oven temp down a bit.

8. I think your popovers turned out great!

9. Your popovers look perfectly beautiful!! I will definitely be making again!!

1. They will definately be gracing our table again soon!

10. Teresa says:

I like what you each did with your popovers. These are lovely and it’s nice to have an almost effortless recipe for them in my back pocket, now.

11. Katrina says:

These were definitely the easiest recipe so far and I can’t believe I’ve never made popovers. And they would make a great breakfast

1. They were great for breakfast. I guess now I will have to make them for dinner!

12. sanya says:

Oooh! I love maple syrup! I wish I had thought of that! I think it would have really gone well with the eggy taste mine had.

1. In the book, they mention honey…when I think of honey- I think of maple syrup. If I had my eyes closed…I would have thought I was eating a waffle!

13. pamkaren says:

Yours look great. Love the eggs in the middle!

14. teaandscones says:

I like Thomas’s idea of filling them with eggs. Maple syrup – even better!!

15. Cher says:

I like the customized toppings. Especally the maple syrup

16. Marilyn says:

Looks like they turned out great!

17. ohhh…stuffed with eggs. that’s a good idea!!

18. Cathleen says:

I like how you stuffed it with the eggs! We had the leftovers (only 2!) the next morning with eggs. A keeper recipe for sure!

I would love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s