The meatball was once a mystery to me.
After many failed meatball meals, I have found the ingredients to make the best meatballs. They make a great sandwich as well as a steller pasta dish.
The Meatball Recipe
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup zucchini, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 small button mushrooms, finely diced
- handful of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Combine all the ingredients and form one inch balls. Brown the meatballs on all sides in a medium heated skillet. Transfer the meatballs to a casserole dish and cover with your favorite tomato sauce. Bake in a 350F oven for about 25 minutes.