Fresh Rhubarb Upside-down Cake [TWD]

035

My first attempt baking with rhubarb was successful.

I did improvise a little.

I used a large cake pan instead of baby cake pans.

I halved the cake portion but kept the butter, brown sugar and pecan ratio the same.

017

This was a relatively easy recipe compared to some of the other Baking with Julia recipes.

020

You can’t go wrong with butter and brown sugar. Add pecans and it’s just so right.

021

Top that with freshly cut rhubarb.

041

And you’ve got yourself a delicious accompaniment to morning coffee.

To get the recipe for this delicious cake, check out this week’s host blogger: Erin of When in Doubt…Leave it at 350.

You can also see what the other bakers thought about the recipe, here.

Advertisements

11 Comments Add yours

1. smarkies says:

This looks absolutely delicious! Glad you enjoyed it.

2. Mmmmm , perfect for mothers day brunch

3. yes—this will be great with coffee. looking forward to the morning!

4. Cindy Harris says:

This cake was so tasty–I love your photos. So many possibilities with this recipe!

5. SandraM says:

Great pics. Your cake looks awesome. Good idea to not half the caramel part. I wish I had done that. Next time!

6. Great first attempt! Yum!

7. I love the sunny photos! I wish I had doubled the topping!

8. galettista says:

Yes, this would make a great coffee cake. Yours looks beautiful and delicious.

9. This cake is delicious. Beautiful photography.

10. Cathleen says:

This would be fabulous with coffee in the a.m.. I had two slices for dinner and sent the rest away.

11. Teresa says:

Gorgeous photos and your cake turned out beautifully!

I would love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s