Summer is just around the corner. Soon, we’ll be complaining about the bugs, the humidity and about sunburns. Before that happens, let’s master the art of chocolate covered fruit. In this instance, we’re working with bananas!
It really is a marvelous combination.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil are combined over a double-boiler until melted and smooth.
Bananas that are ripe, not over-ripe but just right are what we are looking for here.
Chopped almonds and shredded coconut are just meant to be together. Let’s let them be.
- Melt about a cup of chocolate chips and a tablespoon of coconut oil over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring after every minute until smooth.
- Cut three bananas in half and peel them. Pop them onto a Popsicle stick.
- Chop a handful of sliced almonds.
- Dip the banana halves into the melted chocolate and place onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and a bit of shredded coconut.
- Freeze for at least an hour. The longer they freeze the harder they become. If left overnight, make sure to let sit at room temperature for a bit, otherwise they’ll be too hard to bite into!