A while back I was asked to be a part of a new app for people in the kitchen, which I of course thought was a worthy pursuit.
It just launched and while I don’t have an ipad to use the app myself, I can let you all know how to be a part of it.
SideChef believes cooking can be fun for everyone and I do too.
Here are some of the highlights and unique features of SideChef:
· Step-by-Step Recipes: Hundreds of recipes from well-known food bloggers and chefs with audio and visual instructions as well as voice-command technology, making it easy to navigate the steps without having to touch the screen.
· Cooking Timers & Notifications: Built-in automatic timers ensure nothing is ever left to burn or boil over – SideChef keeps track of what’s on the stove so you can relax.
· Recipe Building Tool: Sharing personal recipes is simple with the built-in upload tool, which also allows chefs to add their own step-by-step photography.
· Diverse Cuisine Options: Recipe search tool makes it easy and fun to discover new regional eats or cater to special diets including gluten-free, vegan, kosher and more.
· Easy Menu Planning for 2 or 10: Recipes dynamically change to increase or decrease ingredient amounts and cooking instructions based on the number of servings you wish to prepare, taking the guess work out of adjusting recipes for a crowd.
· Smart, Sharable Grocery Lists: Grocery list feature gives you the option to cross off items that you already have in the pantry and makes it easy to print or share via email.
· Robust International Community: Active community of home cooks, professional chefs and food lovers eager to explore new foods and try new things. Follow your favorite chefs, ask them questions, and grow your own fan base to reach “celebrity chef” status.
· Gain Recognition and Shoot for the Stars: Earn tokens while cooking to gain recognition and credibility among community members. Try advanced techniques and master new cuisines to collect badges, rewards and bragging rights.
When you download SideChef for free at the ipad store, enter the code HWHOLESOME250 and you will receive 250 SideChef tokens and an additional recipe upload slot so you can share your own recipes.
Here is a shot of what my page looks like:
SideChef combines the best of cooking and social elements to create a unique gamified cooking experience designed to reward and encourage users to experiment with new cooking techniques and to master a variety of culinary skills. SideChef is the brainchild of video game industry veteran and former global manager for community development for World of Warcraft at Blizzard Entertainment, Kevin Yu, who leveraged his extensive technology and gaming expertise to reimagine the cooking experience. The company is backed by a diverse team of tech, finance, and culinary geeks, all united by a passion for game-changing innovation and great cooking.
Please download it and let me know what you think. I would love to hear your feedback!